Are you amongst those women who feel unhappy and embarrassed with the shape and size of their breasts? If yes, then you may choose breast augmentation surgery that makes your bosom look absolutely perfect. Although breast enlargement is a cosmetic surgery, it requires special attention and recovery time. There is some pain and discomfort involved with the treatment and recovery process may take somewhere from two weeks to almost a month. There are several breast clinics that provide all kinds of treatment for your breast problems like breast augmentation. Your doctor will discuss with you the Important things to know about breast augmentation and what to expect during and after surgery, but they concentrate on major details like incision care and how to avoid any complications as well as infections.
Breast augmentation surgery and things to do after the surgery.
- Purchase a comfortable pillow for reading – The doctors recommend sleeping in a reclined or an upright position on the back for a week after the surgery. Many people think propping up a bunch of pillows would be a good trick, however they may fall over when you move. Look for a comfy reading pillow with armrests that has an adjustable headrest. This ensures you will not roll onto the side at night.
- Get the pain medications before the surgery – You should get your medicines prior to the surgery. Use over-the-counter laxative two days after the surgery has been done. You will most likely face normal pain after breast augmentation. Make sure you have pain relief medications at home to get rid of the pain associated with bruising. It is advisable to consult your doctor before you undergo breast augmentation surgery.
- Search for someone who can help you – You will need someone’s help after the surgery. Since you will be under pain medication and anesthesia, you will need someone who can look after you for at least 24hours after surgery. This includes everything starting from cooking your food to help you with brushing and cleaning hair. Also, you cannot lift heavy things for a minimum of 6 weeks after surgery.
- Buy clothes that are easy to wear – After the surgery is done, you will not be able to wear regular clothes. Wear sweatpants and flip flops as they are the perfect option to be worn after breast augmentation surgery. Buy a shirt or sweater that can be buttoned or zipped up the front. It is quite uncomfortable to pull a shirt over your head without help for few days after surgery.
- Use heating pads and ice packs – You need to talk to your doctor before undergoing breast augmentation surgery. You can even use ice packs as they can help to a great extent at the time of swelling. You may also use bags of frozen corn or peas. You will require four bags – one for each breast and two to keep in the freezer for future use. Heating pads are a good choice for your back. You will feel uneasy lying on your back for many days and the heat will lessen the discomfort.
Make sure you ask what to expect after breast augmentation surgery from the surgeon so that you can take proper care of your bosom post treatment.