The oil and gas extraction industry is hailed as a lucrative business, with promises of hefty salaries, luring hundreds of thousands of workers to this field every year. According to recent research, nearly 90% of oil and gas industry employers reported that they get expected to hire more employees in 2018(60%). They can also handle the staffing levels constant(close to 30%), while industry analysis has also opined that the United States is on track to become the world’s largest oil producer in 2018. Ever-higher quotas, productivity, and profits are prioritized over employee safety
Given the inherent danger of working in the oil field industry, catastrophic accidents are not uncommon. After establishing the defendants’ liability, the survivors need to demonstrate the financial and emotional damages they have suffered due to the loss. As with other personal injury cases, proving liability and damages can involve complex legal theories and arguments. To read more about how can, your Fort Wort injury attorney can guide you through the intricacies of oil field cases; click here
What kind of dangers do oil field workers face?
According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, the vast majority( over 70%) of fatal occupational injuries in private sector mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction occur in oil and gas extraction injures. These include:
- Well blowouts
- Defective or malfunctioning equipment
- Operation of heavy machinery
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Explosions and fires
- Crane accidents
- Falling debris
If you have to get injured in an oil field accident, you need to seek medical treatment immediately. You must consult the Fort Worth oilfield accident attorney before accepting such settlements. There is always a possibility of facing a bifurcated trial for any oil field injury.
Are pedestrian accidents common in Texas, and why?
Unfortunately, the Lone Star state isn’t immune to accidents. On the contrary, pedestrian accidents frequently occur in Texas. Especially at night and in large cities like Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio. The most common distractions that cause pedestrian accidents in Fort Worth and other parts of Texas are typically on the driver’s position.
- Distracted driving: We tend to think of distracted driving as a relatively new hazard on the roadways, increasing the prevalence of mobile phones, GPS units, in-car Wi-fi, and other potential risks. That is why legislators all over the country have been quick to pass laws attempting to minimize the occurrence and impact of distracted driving
- Speeding: traveling above the posted speed limit increases your risk of being in an accident. Speeding increases your chance of being injured and even injuring others significantly. Certain studies have highlighted that for every 1% increase in speed, the possibility of serious injury increased by 3%, and the risk of fatality rose by 4%
According to the Centres for disease control and prevention(CDC), one pedestrian gets injured every seven minutes. To read more about the assistance that pharmaceutical lawyers can provide in recovering damages you sustained because of some else’s negligence; click here.
Is a dangerous drug lawsuit similar to other product liability cases?
They are a type of product liability lawsuit. Patients who get harmed by defective drugs that get recalled can file a lawsuit to recover financial compensation.
Here is what you can recover in a dangerous medication civil case;
- Medical bills(past and future)
- Rehab care
- Medical expenses
- Emotional distress
- Lost consortium
Negligence and misconduct by big pharmaceutical companies can not be accepted. To know more about how pharmaceutical injury lawyers guide you through intricate procedures and regulations; click here.,
Most insurance companies are keen on maximizing their profits for shareholders and management rather than pay victims fairly.