You might have often heard of, or even tried, a face mask. Just like a face mask helps in nourishing the facial skin, similarly, a hair mask boosts the health and condition of your hair. These hair masks are often called intensive hair conditioners or deep conditioning hair treatments.
Hair masks are different from instant conditioners as they usually contain more concentrated ingredients and a hair mask has to be left on the hair for a longer duration spanning from 15 minutes to a few hours.
A lot of DIY hair mask can be made from the ingredients readily available in your kitchens, such as eggs, bananas, and honey. You might also buy ready-made hair masks at the store but there’s nothing better than homemade and natural hair masks.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of using hair masks and how to use them effectively:
Benefits of A Hair Mask
Using a hair mask has a plethora of benefits, and the effectiveness and advantages vary with the ingredients used according to the hair type. A DIY hair mask provides the following benefits:
- Soft, plush and shiny hair
- Better moisture retention
- Reduction in breakage and hair damage
- Reduced frizz
- A nourished and healthy scalp
- Stronger hair
How to Make A Hair Mask that Improves Hair Growth?
With zero chemical side-effects, these easy to make DIY masks will give you a significant boost of hair growth.
- Avocado hair mask – Abundant in omega-3, amino acids, and multiple vitamins, this mask helps promote hair growth and a nourished and healthy scalp. An avocado hair mask also controls dandruff and problems like itchy scalp while also making your hair smoother and thicker. Make this mask using one avocado, banana, olive oil, and wheat germ oil. Apply and leave for half an hour before you wash your hair with shampoo and water.
- Gooseberry and Coconut Oil hair mask – Also called amla, gooseberry is rich in Vitamin C and flavonoids, which improve hair texture and growth as well as replenish your scalp. The coconut oil present in this DIY hair mask helps in moisturizing your hair and strengthening hair follicles. This mask can be applied overnight and you can wash your hair in the morning.
- Flaxseeds and Lemon Juice hair mask – This easy to make hair mask works wonders for hair nourishment and growth. The omega – 3 fatty acids in flaxseeds help in thickening your hair and also increases hair elasticity to reduce breakage. This mask also helps in dandruff control.
The Bottom Line
Hair masks can significantly help in nourishing and moisturizing your hair. These homemade DIY masks are an excellent remedy for damaged, dry, or frizzy hair. These masks not only make your hair smoother and shinier but also improve your scalp health and increase the strength of your hair. Try these natural hair masks, and your hair would thank you for life!