Top 10 must-know facts about Concussions
A concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury caused due to bumping, a blow to your head, and even a violent jolt. Concussion issues can occur at any age and to anyone, be it an infant or an elderly.
In Concussion, headache is the most common and popular sort of symptom. Most types of symptoms will resolve within 14 to 21 days. Although recovery seems unique and new in each person, mental and physical rest is essential. Your body needs to be at peace, and you don’t have to put extra pressure on it.
A hit on the head usually causes your head and brain to move back and forth! This sudden movement in your brain can create a bounce effect resulting in a twisted skull. It then makes a chemical change in your brain which often leads to stretching and damaging brain cells.
Do you have a Concussion?
It may occur even with a mild shake or hit. If your car suddenly stops, your brain gets jarred, hitting your skull. That jostling itself is enough to give you problems of concussion. The signs or symptoms of concussion includes:
- Memory loss problem
- Drowsiness or feeling sluggish
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sensitivity in your nose
- Balance problem
- Mood swings
- Low energy and low motivation
Identifying the symptom is very important for the prevention of further damage. The brain controls all physical and cognitive functions, and normal damage will lead to lasting effects.
If you are feeling disturbed mentally and your daily activities get compromised due to head pain. There are higher possibilities that your latest accident to the head is causing you trouble.
SOME IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT CONCUSSION
- There are no apparent signs of concussion. They involve very usual mood swing problems; they can be as normal as sadness, tingling, and trouble sleeping. The most common symptom is a headache and repeating questions or confusion.
- A mild concussion may seem to be normal. However, anything related to the brain is not normal. You need to reach the doctor for help immediately since the symptom can go severe in no time. A specialist will be able to give you brief details on what to do for the treatment. Visit advangehcs.com to know the cure for Concussion.
- In an estimate, 85% of the people recovered from a concussion, and the healing is satisfactory. But, the first few weeks after the injury should be managed with care. Only then can good results be visible.
- A concussion is often confused with the sign of making you unconscious. It is untrue; most people suffering from it don’t face anything nearly close to unconsciousness.
- Those who have already suffered from concussion once may seem to be susceptible to having another one.
- A few of the most common causes of concussion are sports injuries, bicycle and motorcycle accidents, slip and fall, and even car accidents.
- Symptoms of a concussion, if not too severe, can disappear within 7 to 10 days. Whether it is the embarrassment or the constant pressure of playing, people don’t admit they have concussions.
- One concussion can be manageable; however, the more hit or repeated jar on your head, the lasting injury, and trouble to the brain. A second concussion has a higher chance of being sustained more, and the healing takes time.
- The brain of younger individuals is still developing. It means that a head injury, if not treated, can cause the brain not to form properly. Furthermore, it will have a profound impact on the brain, causing long-term injuries.
- For about 2-3 days, your mind needs proper rest. Do not pressurize yourself in any work or tasks that can affect your brain injury more.
Concussion is Serious
Medical providers and experts will tell you how a mild brain injury can turn into a severe and life-threatening situation. Even though you feel it is normal or just a mild headache, your negligence to take medication can disrupt the condition. Your brain is pretty complex, and everything related to it is different and fragile.
Some of the symptoms may get visible right away, while some are internal and takes time to display. It can get witnessed after weeks or months, and then it will already be too late. You will feel different before you admit and recognize the problem because the injury has already shown its worst side.
Seek Expert Advice
You can read more or get informed about medical professionals at Advantage Healthcare Systems. Here, you get experienced professionals on board who can identify, recognize the seriousness, and improve your cognitive state accordingly.
To read more on amazing articles follow queknow.com
Kratom has soared in popularity in recent years, and it’s estimated that up to 15 million Americans have tried it.
They decay. They fall out. They get infected. No matter how careful you are, your teeth are going to suffer