Do you often struggle with the Netgear extender red light issue? Are you looking forward to getting a reliable solution? If your answer to these questions is yes, then you are on the right track. In this small guide, you will get all the information and guidelines related to getting the best solution regarding the red light issues of your extender. Start with using the right 192.168.188.1 Setup details so that you can reach the login page easily.
In this small guide, we will be discussing the effective troubleshooting tips that will fix the red light issue of your Netgear extender. Let’s have a look at the same!
COMMON REASONS BEHIND NETGEAR WIFI EXTENDER RED LIGHT
If you are experiencing red light issues with your extender on a regular basis, then you need to know that this will have an adverse impact on the device. Without a doubt, this can decrease the performance as well as drop the overall Wi-Fi connection. So it becomes quite essential to know the exact reasons behind this specific issue.
- The most common mistake that most users make is placing your extender at a wrong location. If you are buying an extender, then you should know the fact that it should not be placed inside a cabinet or under the table or near any other interference-creating object. If you have done any of these, then you will probably face red light issues.
- It will become totally difficult to assess the control of your extender if you are missing its MAC address. This will lead to no connectivity issue. Make sure you use the right 192.168.188.1 admin setup details.
- Another common mistake that will make your extender blinks in the red light is when you’re using an outdated firmware version of your extender. Make sure you have updated the firmware.
- Many times, the extender is completely okay but there is a backend problem from the side of your internet service provider or ISP. In this situation, your device will not give you internet access and there will be no connectivity with the extender.
- In case you haven’t configured your extender properly during the setup process, you will only face red light issues. You have filled the IP address 192.168.188.1 incorrectly or you have forgotten the password, all these things are not convenient to your device.
- Another point in this series is any problem with your power outage or you are facing an error while updating your extender’s firmware, you can easily see the light blinking on the extender.
All in all, these are some of the main reasons why there is a red light appearing on your extender.
HOW TO FIX THE ISSUE?
If you are looking forward to fixing the red light issue of your Netgear extender, then you will need to follow some of the basic troubleshooting tips.
- Selection of an inappropriate location to place your extender can be counted as a great hurdle in the overall Netgear extender setup. So it is advised to relocate your device at an appropriate place that is free from interference objects. Ensure that there are no electronic gadgets around your extender. This includes Bluetooth speakers, microwaves, refrigerators, baby monitors, mirrors, and other related devices.
- Another thing to check out is the reliability of the power supply. It should not be damaged and fluctuate often. If you’re facing issues with the plug, then try to use another one.
- Make sure that the wireless router, as well as the Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender, is placed in the same room.
- By changing your extender’s security settings from WPA2 to WPA, you can also eliminate this cause of the error. Use the right IP address like 192.168.188.1 for the setup process.
- By enabling the SSID Broadcast and the Wireless Broadcast, your extender can easily detect the network of your router. So there are minimal chances of red light issues.
- To fix the issue of red light blinking, you can set the same channels of your extender as well as the main router.
- Don’t forget to update your extender to the latest version.
Working with extenders is not that tough if you know the right guidelines. If you’re experiencing the red light issues with your device, then this small guide will really help you to get a valid solution.