QuickBooks update error 15243 usually appears on the screen when there is an interruption while downloading the latest QuickBooks update. The QuickBooks payroll update error 15243 comes up with a message, “Error 15243: The update of payroll is not able to complete successfully. The QuickBooks FCS service is damaged.” The user may also receive QuickBooks error message code 15243 when the Internet Explorer function to register digital signature stops working or anti-virus blocks QuickBooks update seeing it as a threat. Read the article till the end to get more information on QuickBooks payroll error 15243, its causes and solutions.
If you are getting QuickBooks error 15243 and looking for an immediate solution to fix it, then call us on our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430) and get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals.
Table of Contents
What leads to QuickBooks error 15243?
Knowing the cause behind the error helps you to choose the most appropriate solutions to fix the error:
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks payroll subscription has been expired.
- Some QuickBooks component is missing.
- QuickBooks FCS service is not running.
Let us walk you through the troubleshooting procedure given below.
Best Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks error 15243
Given below are some simple troubleshooting solutions that will help you get rid of the error:
Solution 1. Update QuickBooks desktop application
Follow the steps enumerated below to update QuickBooks manually:
- Close QuickBooks desktop application.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Search for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click the icon and choose Run as administrator.
- When the No Company Open screen appears, click on the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Options
- Choose Mark All and then select Save.
- Click on the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update
- To start the download, click Get Updates.
If the error persists, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Check your QuickBooks payroll subscription
- Open QuickBooks.
- Choose the Employees tab and click My Payroll Service.
- Select Account and Billing Information.
- Close Maintenance page, QuickBooks will start validating Payroll Subscription.
If you still get the error, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3. Repair QuickBooks
To begin with, take a backup of the company file and then repair the QuickBooks desktop application:
- Open QuickBooks desktop.
- Go to the File menu and choose Switch to Single-user mode.
- Click on the File menu again and select Back up Company.
- Next, select Create Local Backup.
- Within the window, select Local Backup and then Next.
- From the Local Backup Only section, select Browse and select the location where you want to save your backup company file.
- Click OK and then Save it now.
Now, follow these steps to repair the software:
- Press Windows and R keys together to open the Run window.
- Type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter.
- Find QuickBooks in the list of programs.
- Choose QuickBooks.
- Click Uninstall/Change and then Next.
- Select Repair and then click Finish.
If the error continues, proceed to the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 4. Use Quick Fix my Program
The tool will shut down all background processes and runs a repair on the damaged data. In order to run the tool, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub with the help of the following steps:
- Exit QuickBooks desktop.
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to Downloads and open the exe file you downloaded.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install the application and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
- Open the tool hub by double-clicking on its icon.
- Within the tool hub, choose Company File Issues.
- Click Quick Fix my File and then OK.
- Let the tool run to fix damaged data.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
That’s all about QuickBooks error 15243. Hopefully, you find the article informative and helpful in resolving the issue. If the problem continues, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our customer support number (1.800.579.9430). They will assist you with advanced troubleshooting for the same.
Spread the loveDo you find tax season overwhelming? You’re not alone. But don’t worry; our article on tax checklist essentials has you
Spread the loveNavigating the world of document signing and validation can be perplexing. This is especially true when it comes
Spread the loveBoat owners will undoubtedly agree that owning a boat is one of the best investments ever. From fishing