Outlook is a free web-based e-mail service own and provided by Microsoft. Its layout is similar to Google’s Gmail service as they both provide access to multiple mail account at the same time but the outlook has a highlight feature of providing a link to your desktop Outlook data. Recently Microsoft decided to combine Hotmail and Windows into one e-mail service and supplied backbone support to contacts added on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and your calendar.
If you want to get yourself enrolled on Outlook that all you need to do is click on the Sign-up Now link, there you’ll be required to enter the proper and credentials such as personal information, e-mail address and password, and there you’re done. A perk of benefit arises here for those who have Hotmail or Windows Live account, or a Messenger, SkyDrive, Windows Phone or Xbox LIVE account, you don’t need to go to sign up process all along and could directly log into outlook.com
Good news appears for the separate users of Hotmail and Outlook that Microsoft will transfigure all existing Hotmail and Windows Live accounts to Outlook.com, but with the same change e-mail address. So now this means that you could easily access both the platform simultaneously without changing or having two separate email address.
Microsoft Outlook has always been the number one priority of people because of its feature of syncing your personal data with your phone, tablet, and other computers. One of the other benefits is that you will get a work email as well as from the same Microsoft Outlook webmail, even while you are away from the office. You also have a choice of delaying the sending of emails, would ask for receipts, and much more unlimited benefits.
How to know your device have outlook installed
Sometimes your device such as computer, tablet or phone is inbuilt installed with a version of Microsoft Outlook. But how to find out that do your device is inbuilt with Outlook or not. Here are some tips and tricks to check it.
For Window Users
- Go to the Search window available on the Taskbar if you are using Windows 10 if you are using Windows 8, then on the Start screen or if you using Windows 7 then look from the Search window on the Start menu.
- In the search window/Start Screen type Outlook and press Enter.
- If the result shows you outlook available then it means your device is already installed with outlook
For Mac users
- Go to Application, look for Finder sidebar of your Mac device
- Search outlook and if you can see it in the result, it means you are already installed Outlook.
For Phone app users
- Go to Your Phone search column/bar
- And type Outlook
- Usually, iOS users have already installed Outlook; android users could check the above way and make sure.
Now let’s hop on How to Create a Outlook account, below are some prominent and easiest methods you could create an Outlook/Hotmail account.
What to when you don’t have an already installed Outlook
If your device doesn’t have installed Outlook, then usually a general solution to it is purchasing a version of Microsoft 365. You can buy its subscription service, according to your choice of the package it offers. They have monthly, 6 monthly and yearly packages varying with different expenses.
If you’re not interested in investing money in a subscription to Microsoft Outlook, then we have another option to create a free outlook account through Microsoft Outlook outright.
Below are the steps on how you could create an outlook account free of cost without purchasing any subscription to Microsoft Outlook.
Steps to Create an Outlook account
- Go to any suitable browser like Google or Safari and paste down this link there Outlook.com sign-up screen
- Once you will click on the link it will take you to a bunch of options where you have to select Create a free account.
- Clicking on Create free account will appear an interface where you need to enter some credentials such as a username that you could be anything of your choice but it should end with the suffix @outlook.com.
- If you want and Hotmail Address then you need to move to the far right of the username box and drag down to change the domain from the default outlook.com to hotmail.com
- Once you are done changing your domain, click on the Next button.
- Now enter a password of your choice that justify all the requirements of Upper case, lower case and special character, and once you are done click on Next
- In the column of Name, enter your first and last name again hit on Next button.
- In the next step, you have to fill in some personal details such as your Country/region, your Birthdates, gender and others if ask then select Next.
- Enter the appropriate CAPTCHA, and move on by pressing Next
- With this, your outlook account will be created either immediately or within few minutes.
- Once you enter your Outlook account, you will see a welcome display
Similarly, you can make a Hotmail account and use the same email address in both the platform for Outlook and Hotmail.
Also read:- Aol mail not working with outlook