any unforeseen event, the best option is to take out annual travel insurance. As you will see,
this modality has very important advantages compared to other insurances.
With the annual travel insurance, you can travel to all the destinations you want for a full year, without having to take out insurance for each trip. The limit will be set by you and your adventurous spirit.
The only thing you have to bear in mind is that each individual trip does not exceed 90 days in duration (in those cases, the best option is long-stay travel insurance).
Save with annual travel insurance.
Of course, if you are a regular traveler, you can save a lot of money by taking out a single annual travel insurance instead of one for each departure .
Of course, it is convenient that you do your calculations based on the trips you plan to make in the coming months. Anyway, you will see that you do not need to do too many to make it worthwhile to take out this type of insurance.
Ease of hiring.
Although nowadays it is very easy to take out almost any insurance in a couple of clicks, it is still much easier to do this procedure only once. All you have to do is take a few minutes to choose the most suitable type of annual insurance for you and make a single contract.
In this way, you can forget about these procedures during the rest of the year and travel with the peace of mind of being covered against any eventuality. Without a doubt, a great advantage to be able to devote all your energy to planning trips.
Extensive coverage with annual travel insurance.
Naturally, the fact that it is annual travel insurance does not mean that the coverage is inferior to other travel insurance.
In this sense, a good annual travel insurance should offer you, among others, the following coverages:
- Medical expenses (and even dental emergencies). This is perhaps the most important coverage of travel insurance, since any small health problem abroad can mean a huge bill for health care.
- Loss, destruction or theft of luggage . If you are a frequent traveler, by pure statistics, it is very likely that you have ever lost your bags or are going to misplace them on future trips. This coverage gives you the peace of mind of being able to have compensation to replace lost luggage.
- Repatriation or transfer expenses due to illness, accident or death.
- Travel for a family member or companion (in cases of hospitalization).
- Early return (for cases such as serious illness or death of a family member).
- Financial advances for unforeseen events during the trip (bonds, attorneys’ fees, etc.).
Another coverage that can be very interesting for frequent travelers is that of civil liability . Keep in mind that, in this way, the insurance company would take care of the damages that you could involuntarily cause to any person or property.
And the drawbacks of annual travel insurance?
Once you have seen the advantages of annual travel insurance, you will surely be wondering if it has any negative counterpart.
Well, if your profile fits the type of traveler for whom these insurances are designed, there are really no disadvantages in hiring them. If, on the other hand, you are going to make very few trips or want to make very long stays (of more than 90 days), there are other more suitable insurances for you.