What is Digital Marketing? Its components and career opportunities in 2020.
In a world where over 170 million people use social media on a regular basis, every working professional is expected to be familiar with at least the core tenets of Digital Marketing.
Digital Marketing is an Umbrella term for the marketing of products or services using digital technologies mainly on the internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising and other digital medium.
While modern day digital marketing is an enormous system of channels to which marketers simply must on board their brands, advertising online is much more complex than the channels alone. In order to achieve the true potential of digital marketing, marketers have to dig deep into today’s vast and intricate cross-channel world to discover strategies that make an impact through engagement marketing.
Engagement marketing is the method of forming meaningful interactions with potential and returning customers based on the data you collect over time. By engaging customers in a digital landscape, you build brand awareness, set yourself as an industry thought leader, and place your business at the forefront when the customer is ready to buy.
By implementing an Omni channel digital marketing strategy, marketers can collect valuable insights into target audience behaviours while opening the door to new methods of customer engagement. Additionally, companies can expect to see an increase in retention. According to a report by Invest, companies with strong Omni channel customer engagement strategies retain an average of 89% of their customers compared to companies with weak Omni channel programs that have a retention rate of just 33%.
As for the future of digital marketing, we can expect to see a continued increase in the variety of wearable devices available to consumers. Forbes also forecasts that social media will become increasingly conversational in the B2B space, video content will be refined for search engine optimization (SEO) purposes, and email marketing will become even more personalized.
Methodology applied :-
Primary Data: The research is done through observation and collection of data through questionnaires.
Secondary Data: Secondary data is collected from journals, books and magazines to develop the theory.
Sample Size: The sample size is determined as 100 respondent’s opinion from the customers who presently purchasing products with a help of digital marketing.
Advantages of Digital Marketing :-
- Communication is bidirectional. The customer also can ask queries or make suggestions about the business products and services.
- There is always a fast way to develop an online campaign and carry out changes along its development. With digital tools, campaigning is easier.
- It is best for reaching global audience.
- It is easier to measure the effectiveness of a campaign through analytics.
Email Marketing Statistics :-
In 2018, at least 281 billion emails were sent and received each day.
On average, the open rate for welcome emails is 82%
Personalised emails deliver transactional rates that are up to 6 times higher than non-personalised emails.
Social Media Marketing Statistics :-
There are 3.2 billion social media users every day.
98% of sales reps are reaching their quotas through social selling.
If you provide your customers with a positive social media experience, they’re likely to recommend it to others.
Mobile Commerce Statistics :-
A substantial portion of the population- at least 96% – own a mobile phone.
Over half of all online purchases are now completed using mobile devices.
51% of consumers make use of mobile devices to identify new brands and items on the market.
Components of digital marketing
Digital marketing spans across a massive network of digital touchpoints that customers interact with many times a day. To properly utilize these channels, you need to have an understanding of each.
- Pay-per-click search Paid pursuit, or pay-per-click (PPC) publicizing, normally alludes to the supported outcome on the top or side of a web index results page (SERP). These advertisements charge you for each snap and they can be customized to show up when certain pursuit terms are entered, so your promotions are being focused to crowds looking for something specifically.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) Web optimization is the way toward upgrading the substance, specialized arrangement, and reach of your site, with the goal that your pages show up at the head of a web index result for a particular arrangement of watchword terms. Utilizing SEO can drive guests to your site when they show conduct suggesting that they’re looking for significant items.
- Content marketing Successful substance showcasing isn’t ostensibly special in nature, yet rather serves to instruct and rouse customers who are looking for data. At the point when you offer substance that is pertinent to your crowd, it can make sure about you as an idea head and a reliable wellspring of data, making it more outlandish that your other showcasing endeavors will be lost in the static.
- Social media marketing. The way to powerful web-based media advertising goes a long ways past basically having dynamic web-based media accounts. You should likewise be meshing social components into each part of your advertising endeavors to make whatever number distributed sharing open doors as could be expected under the circumstances. The more your crowd is propelled to draw in with your substance, the almost certain they are to share it, possibly motivating their friends to become clients too.
- Email marketing. After over twenty years, email is as yet the snappiest and most direct approach to arrive at clients with basic data. Today, fruitful email crusades must be extraordinarily captivating, applicable, instructive, and engaging to not get covered in your client’s inbox. To succeed, your promoting messages ought to fulfill five center properties. They should be dependable, important, conversational, composed across channels, and key.
Career Opportunities in 2020
As a SEO Manager
As an SEO manager, you will oversee the company’s overall SEO strategy from planning to implementation. Your main objective is to improve the company’s ranking in search engines, particularly Google. Your responsibilities will vary as needed but will include:
- Web marketing
- Web analytics
- Content strategy planning
- Developing a social media strategy
- Organizing campaigns to improve search listings results
- Developing a keyword strategy
As a PPC Marketing Manager
As a PPC marketing manager, your role will be to oversee pay-per-click campaigns. You will be responsible for running client campaigns in Google Ads and on Bing, Facebook, and Instagram. You will specifically handle:
- Audience targeting and keyword selection
- Writing copy
- Running A/B testing
- Data analysis
- Increasing traffic and reducing ad spend through optimization
As a Blogger
As a blogger, your primary job is to write, edit, and publish content to a website or blog. Your goal is to increase traffic to the site by writing content that is relevant to and educational for the reader. Your specific duties will include:
- Promoting products from affiliates
- Writing & researching articles
- Providing helpful tricks and tips to readers
- Pitching ideas
- Keeping up to date on social media trends that are relevant to the business
- Maintaining the brand’s image and tone in all posts
- Promoting the brand through social media
- Working with the SEO team to implement keywords
As an Influencer
As an influencer, you will promote a brand’s message, products, or services on social media as you incorporate it into your daily life. In addition, you will interact with your followers on an ongoing basis. Your responsibilities will include:
- Engaging your social media following with the brand
- Promoting the brand and its products or services
- Using hashtags to ensure that your posts come up in as many relevant places as possible
As a Marketing and Automation Specialist
As a marketing automation specialist, you will focus on the day to day handling of a company’s automated marketing strategy. You will be taking care of all the tech involved with that, such as website design and app development. Specifically, you will:
- Make landing pages
- Set up email automation and marketing campaigns
- Use analytics to optimize targeting
- Increase conversions
- Automate customer communication
As an UX Designer
As a UX (user experience) designer, you will be responsible for what users see when interacting with an app or a website. That includes everything from the way it looks and functions to the emotional reaction they feel when using it. You can expect to consult with users for feedback throughout the process too. Some of your duties will include:
- Designing functional and visually appealing software
- Developing user interface elements as required
- Pitching ideas using storyboards
- Testing for bugs
uCertify offers social media strategist course, this social media course comprehensively covers the 1D0-623 exam objectives and helps candidates master the skills required to become a qualified social media strategist by covering exam objectives such as using social media in business, developing a social media strategy, creating a social media campaign, social media advertising, social media platforms, creating presentations and business blogs, and understanding social media metrics and analytics.
Hi, I’m Jeff Bailey, a professional freelancer and technology geek. Thanks to my blog! I can bring you the best in technology and gadgets. Also, having a bachelor’s in computer science has greatly helped my career as a blogger.My work is my passion and nothing excites me more than posting some cool stuff for you. If you have any ideas or queries please get me @ (socials)
Recommended For You
Are you living in Boston or a nearby town? Are you wondering if you need to dispose of e-waste or
AI is taking over in a big way. In 2023, the Artificial Intelligence industry has a market worth $196.6 billion.
While working at home, the typical day-to-day tasks are getting dull. You know you must write more articles to help