What is the exam date for CSIR NET? Who decides the CSIR NET exam date?
CSIR-UGC NET examination is conducted for selection of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lectureship/Assistant Professor in the colleges and universities of India. Candidates who successfully clear the examination can be a faculty of any prestigious college for teaching science or technology-related subjects.
CSIR NET is conducted twice every year. Students get questions from subjects like Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physical Science. If you are planning to appear for the examination, here is some essential information that you should be aware of.
What is the exam date for CSIR NET?
The notification along with the CSIR NET exam date will be declared soon. After exploring the pandemic situation, the Exam date of CSIR NET will be proclaimed by CSIR HRDG soon. Although the exam was planned to be held in July; however, due to the COVID situation, the exam dates were postponed. The new dates of the exam will publish soon. Two months before the exam, the dates will be announced.
Who decides the CSIR NET exam date?
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test or CSIR NET 2021 exam date is decided by the National Testing Agency or NTA. This exam is conducted twice a year, June and December. However, it is stated that the exam will be held in the middle of July 2021.
CSIR NET Exam Schedule
CSIR NET is done in two shifts. The schedule of the exam is given below: –
|Exam Day Incidents||Timings (First half)||Timings (second half)|
|Timing of the exam||9:30 AM-12:30 PM||2:30-5:30 PM|
|Duration of exam||3 hours||3 hours|
|Candidate enter into the exam Centre||7:30-8:30 AM||12:30-1:30 PM|
|Candidate enter in the exam hall/room||8:45-9:00 AM||1:45-2:00 PM|
|Checking of admit cards by the invigilator||9:00-9:15 AM||2:00-2:15 PM|
|Sitting on the seat in the exam hall||9:15 AM||2:15 PM|
|Instructions by the invigilators||9:15-9:25 AM||2:15-2:25 PM|
|Test commences||9:30 AM||2:30 PM|
|Test concludes||12:30 PM||5:30 PM|
Eligibility For CSIR NET
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test or CSIR NET has some criteria required for the candidates to pursue an undergraduate program from this university. Here is the list of requirements for the CSIR NET exam:
- The candidate who is appearing for the exam must be a citizen of India.
- The non-resident of India is not able to appear for the exam.
Education Qualification of CSIRNET
- The candidates who at least have a minimum aggregate of 55% in M.Sc. or M.Sc. or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma/MBBS from a reputed institution or university authorized by UGC can appear for this test. For the Backward Classes (BC) /Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Transgender/persons with disability (PwD), the required percentage is at least 50% Master Degree from a reputed institution or university authorized by UGC.
- Candidates who are recently doing M.sc and completed their graduation can also apply for the exam.
- Candidates who are pursuing the Master’s Degree or are waiting to qualify for the Master’s Degree are eligible to give the exam. But they have to give their passing certificate at the time of applying the form. But if they fail to achieve the minimum percentage then, their application will be rejected.
Age Limit for CSIR NET (For JRF)
- For the Joint research Fellowship, the maximum age limit is 28 years for the General category.
- The maximum age limit is 33years for the SC/ST/ (PwD) category for the exam.
- For the OBC category, the maximum age limit is 35 years.
- There is no certain age limit for the candidates who applied for a Lectureship.
How to apply for CSIR NET?
Here are some of the steps that you need to follow when applying for the CSIR NET examination.
- Visit the official website of CSIR NET
- Click on “Registration”
- Then click on “Apply Now”
- Then fill up your details and click on “Continue”
- After registration is done, a mail will be sent to your registered mail id.
- Login to the website using your email id and password
- Then give your remaining details
- Choose your preferred center for the test
- Then click on submit
- Then you have to give your scanned picture and signature
- Then click on “Make Payment”
- Now pay the application fee
- A transaction id will generate after the payment
- Take a printout of the Application form.
Application Fee Payment for CSIR NET
Students can pay their fees either through debit/ credit card or through net banking. The application fee for the exam is given below.
|Course||Fee in Rs.|
|General /EWS Category Applicants||INR 1000|
|For SC/ ST/PwD||INR 250|
How to get the Admit card: –
Admit cards will be released one week before the exam date. The students can download it online by the following step
- Visit the official website of CSIR NET
- Click on the ‘CSIR NET 2021 admit card’
- Then type your application number, date of birth, and security code
- Click on the log in
- Click on submit
- Then it will appear on your screen
- Take a printout of your admit card.
Lastly, indeed, CSIR NET is not an easy exam to crack as the competition is high. But, it is not impossible to ace it. If you work hard and practice regularly with BYJU’s Exam Prep, then you can ace the exam. Preparing for this exam is a tough job. Do not panic or be stressed during the preparation of the exam. Stay focused and concentrate on your studies to achieve your goal of qualifying for the exam.
If you’re among the 20 million college students across the US, writing a dissertation may be a prerequisite for your
Did you know that the average book that is published in the United States sells less than two hundred copies?