QuickBooks Script Error: What it is about & the ways to Rectify it
When it comes to the foremost reliable and magnificent accounting and financing applications, QuickBooks comes at the highest of the list. Being employed by hundreds and thousands of companies from all across the world, QuickBooks is known for making the management of regular business transactions much easy. One of the interesting points of using QuickBooks is that it permits users to download the latest bank transactions or feeds directly from within the application. However, it has been noticed that a lot of users are facing QuickBooks script error while trying to get the bank transactions in QuickBooks Desktop in recent days. Through this post, we are going to discuss with you the reasons behind the existence of such an error and the troubleshooting solutions to rectify it.
Want to get rid of QuickBooks script error without going through the tiresome troubleshooting solutions? If yes, feel free to speak to our technical expert team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.
What can be the reasons prompting script error in QuickBooks?
Script error in QuickBooks usually takes place when the security settings of Firewall Defender block QuickBooks Desktop from connecting to the internet connection. There are other reasons as well, such as follows:
- Internet Explorer is not set to be the default web browser of the computer.
What needs to be done to fix QuickBooks script error?
Solution 1) Manually set up the security settings of Firewall Defender for QuickBooks Desktop
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key to select the Start menu.
- Type “Windows Firewall Defender” into the search box and select Windows Firewall Defender from the search results.
- Select the Advanced Settings option located at the left panel of the window.
- Right-click on the Inbound Rules link and select the New Rule option.
- Select the Port option and then click on the Next button.
- Click on the TCP option and then enter the port number according to the QuickBooks Desktop version in the Specific local ports column.
- Click on the Next button.
- Make sure to select all the profiles as prompted and then click on the Next button.
- Make a new rule with the name QBPorts(year).
- At last, click on the Finish button.
After creating inbound rules, you need to create outbound rules by implementing the aforementioned steps in the same order, except choose Outbound Rules rather than Inbound Rules.
Solution 2) Set the default web browser of the computer to Internet Explorer
- Right-click the icon of Internet Explorer and select the Open option.
- Select the Tools menu (represented by the Gear icon and located at the upper right corner of the screen).
- From the drop-down menu, select the Internet Options option.
- Go to the Program tab located at the Internet Options screen.
- From the Default Web Browser section, select the Make Default button.
- Click on the OK button.
Even after going through both the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the above post, if QuickBooks script error persists, then there is a great possibility the security settings of Internet Explorer are faulty or incorrect. Therefore, our recommendation for you is to add the websites of QuickBooks as trusted websites in the security settings of Internet Explorer and check if this fixes the error or not. For further troubleshooting assistance to fix the script error, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks support team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.
Marketers waste 21 cents of every marketing dollar, reports Forrester Consulting. Knowing how to find your target audience helps you avoid this. An
With the global financial crisis looming, everyday citizens are looking to find ways to protect their wealth. The fear of
Did you know that approximately 17 million new businesses will be started in 2022? If you’re thinking of starting your