Weight loss market and industry are filled with myths.
You would see influencers promoting ridiculous weight loss meal plans that basically suggest that you survive on air for a month for instant results. Or you’d find so-called nutritionists giving out unrealistic weight-loss spiel that has no long-term value.
What I’m trying to say is that the realities regarding weight loss are so farfetched, twisted and over the top that in the end, we feel dejected with a mountain of self-image issues. Which brings me to the next disturbing issue regulating around weight loss that is being thin. Tell me one thing, do you picture a thin figure with protruding collar bones, lean waist, sharp as knife jawline when you hear anything about weight loss?
We start with the most honest and healthiest intention of staying fit but along the way, that notion becomes so toxic that we start disrespecting our bodies and what it needs.
So, what is the clarity to all this mess, you ask?
Thing is, that in our pursuit of staying healthy and due to social conditioning, we often tend to forget that there is no single body shape or size that is acceptable or right or beautiful and neither is being thin the only thing that matters.
The only thing that matters is respecting your body and accepting the fact that you don’t have to conform to any predefined norms.
A long-term approach to weight loss
A holistic approach towards weight loss is being mindful of the sources and ingredients of your food, eating fewer calories and exercising (high or low impact) more to maintain a healthy energy balance. It does not require people to follow a specific diet plan.
A reasonable and long-term weight loss goal that keeps your overall health in check is 5–10% reduction in body weight over a 6-month time frame. You can achieve this goal by keeping your calorie intake from 1000 to 1600 calories per day. Below are some weight loss meal plans you can follow as per your likes and dislikes:
Sustainable Weight loss Meal Plans
- Ketogenic Meal Plan: Keto diet is basically taking in more fats and lowering your carbs intake by 20-30 grams per day. This way you can lose weight more efficiently because your metabolism starts burning fats instead of carbs and sugar for energy. The Bowl One’s ketogenic diet meal plan is less constraining as it provides you with more food choices and a better balance of macronutrients.
A keto diet has:
- 60–70% of fat
- 20–30% of protein
- 5–10% of carbs
- Vegetarian Meal Plan: The veggie lover diet includes a diverse range of fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains, nuts, seeds. You want to change your eating habits and switch things up a bit then that’s great. But the biggest mistake people make when starting a vegetarian diet is relying on that highly processed canned stuff. And that is counterproductive to staying healthy. The Bowl One has Dubai’s tastiest vegetarian meal plans that are made up of fresh ingredients to help you maintain a balanced diet.
- Vegan Diet Plan: Vegan diet restricts all animal-based products and helps in improving your heart health, faster weight loss, and maintaining balance in your blood sugar. The Bowl One vegan meal plans are as delicious as they are nutritious. TBO’s drive towards promoting sustainable healthy food meal plans empowers them to prepare meals that never compromise on quality or the health of the customers. Here is a sneak peek of TBO’s vegan menu: Avocado toast, Shakshuka + fried breaded tofu, Mexican wraps, etc.
- Paleo Meal Plan: Paleo diet, also known as the caveman diet, is all about eliminating high-fat processed food from your diet and including lean meats, fish, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. Several studies suggest that this diet can result in immense weight loss and major health improvements. Foods that you can eat on a paleo diet are vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, lean meats, fish, eggs, herbs, spices and oils that come from fruit or nuts. Chefs and nutritionists at TBO take great care while preparing your meals to ensure that what you eat is best for you.
- Mediterranean Meal Plan: The Mediterranean Diet focuses on fruit, vegetables and healthy fats, as well as on regular exercise. A decreased risk of heart disease and other neurodegenerative diseases is the main advantage. Those on this diet may also lose a reasonable amount of weight due to the prescribed fresh foods and the involving physical activity. The Mediterranean diet recommends eating plenty of fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes, tubers, whole grains, fish, seafood and extra virgin olive oil. Foods like poultry, eggs, and dairy products should be eaten with moderation.
Nutrition Tips You Need To Know:
Five nutrition tips you need at the back of your head while losing weight are:
- Stay hydrated. Drink enough throughout the day so that your cognitive function and performance is optimal.
- Choose food meal plans that are easy to follow. Do not go for meal plans that are completely different from your lifestyle. Think long term and go for meals that you don’t hate consuming. The Bowl One provides healthy food meal plans that are worth trying if you want to be fit while enjoying what’s on your plate.
- Intermittent fasting is the simplest way to reduce your calorie intake. It can lead to weight loss — unless you overeat calorie-rich foods when you break your fast.
- Eat more protein. Protein plays a vital role in helping our immune systems function properly, repairing and maintaining organs and tissue cells in our body. It gives the body a feeling of satiety and reduces hunger levels.
- Exercise. Switch up your physical activities so that you don’t get bored doing the same thing everyday. Try out muscle training exercises, running, swimming, yoga, skipping rope etc.
- Don’t police your food. Indulge in your cravings every once in a while but be mindful of the portions you’ll be eating so that you have an idea of how much exercise you have to do to burn it down.
Losing weight can be challenging and tough but you’ve got to remain consistent and persistent throughout your journey. You can prep your meals ahead of time so that sticking to your diet will be easier or sign up for The Bowl One’s weight loss meal plans.
The Bowl One is Dubai’s best restaurant that promotes healthy eating by cancelling the toxic diet culture and respecting all body shapes and sizes so that we can set ourselves free from struggling to fit in unrealistic pre-defined societal standards.
The main motto of The Bowl One is to revive the joy in eating by eliminating the restrictions we put on ourselves in the name of dieting or healthy eating and let the body have what it needs. If you find yourself struggling to keep a track of your diet or have trouble with prepping your meals then leave it to The Bowl One. They have a wide range of healthy meal plans that they deliver all over Dubai right at your doorstep anytime you want.
On average, Americans spend $12,000 on healthcare-related expenses every year. That’s triple what someone pays in a socialist country like
A career as a health coach is one of today’s most rewarding and promising careers. Given the present healthcare situation,
Can you believe that there are over 138,000 primary care physicians in America? Getting a general checkup at least once